I knitted it in 2 colors of Lion Brand Homespun (since I decided to add some stripes to it).
When I finished it, it came out much longer than I expected and also less wide. I know my swatch gauge was off about 1/4" in one direction, but I thought it was the direction that would add width, not length. I guess I was wrong. I wouldn't be able to wear it myself without adding a front panel to it. So I had my sweetie kyubi model it for some photos. It fit her very well, and I guess she fell in love with it, because she wore it for the rest of the night. So once I have the buttons sewn on (in the photos, the things that look like buttons are stitch markers on the buttonholes), I'll be giving it to her.
Vest front. (kyubi, I'm sorry I chopped off your head!) It does look a bit asymmetrical, but that's just because of how it is hanging.
(Despite the subject of the post, I'm delighted that the vest decided to belong to kyubi! I'm just hoping I can get the hang of making a garment to the expected size before long...)