Five questions meme. Here's how it works:
(ETA: Please feel free to add "If you feel like it" to items 1, 3, 4, and 5.)
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Note on item 2: I haven't forgotten that the last time I did this meme, I received some requests for interview questions that I got too busy to respond to.
1. What's your most effective way of coping with this heat wave?
The most effective is taking a cool bath and then sitting in the bedroom the rest of the day (where there's a window air conditioner), but I'm not especially happy with it.
2. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be and why?
I don't know enough history to have a good answer to this question. Elizabeth I of England is a favorite but mainly because I've seen various series about her on TV. I've also read a biography.
3. Who is your favourite Artist (any art), and why?
Ursula K. Le Guin. I love her books and the way she thinks in general and what she's done with her life. And the fact that she cares about the younger generations. At Wiscon, she was on a panel about otherness (queer, transgender, etc.) and she introduced herself as the token heterosexual grandmother.
4. Where should I take my parents when they come to visit?
Gosh, I don't know what they like. When my cousins came to visit, we took them to Duarte's Tavern restaurant in Pescadero and Butano state park.
5. So, what can you tell us about this book? Enquiring minds want to know!
Python for Dummies is probably all you need to know to get an idea about it. The OH and I co-wrote it; I did most of the actual writing and he did most of the expert advisor work and editing. It will be the first book with my name on the cover, although I have written manuals before; those were all work-for-hire deals.