1. What's one thing you wish you could do but can't?
2. What is your ideal marriage location?
OH's parents' living room, where we actually got married.
3. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
Piano. But only if I didn't have to practice as much as I would have to in order to keep up my skills.
4. What's your favorite day of the week, and why?
Don't have one. I don't have an office job or much of a regimented schedule.
5. Favorite fabric(s)?
Something stretchy and fuzzy that breathes and comes in bright jewel colors. If you find anything like that, send me bolts and bolts of it.
6. Something you love and hate:
Just about everything that is more complicated than a peach.
7. What kind of bedding do you use?
Flannel or jersey bottom sheet, down comforter (cool weather), flannel comforter (warm weather), down+flannel comforters (cold weather).
8. What kind of soap do you use?
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint. Dilute! Dilute!
18. Do you drive stick?
Not in the slightest, I'm embarrassed to admit.
19. What's one trait you hate in a person?
Not taking responsibility for their choices.
20. What's the one trait you need in a person?
There's a lot more than one. Reliability is an important one.
21. What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
A big hulking black thing with 6 alarms, a timer, and a stopwatch.
22. Most frivolous recent purchase?
A box of Marshmallow Twirls cookies.
23. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
Yes because I am fascinated by the kinds of things people dream up and make and I tend to acquire a lot of stuff. No because there aren't many specific things that I feel terribly attached to (if I lose or break things, I tend not to get too upset about it).
24. What do you cook the best?
25. Favorite writing instrument?
I like the idea of fountain pens but I've gotten out of the habit of using them, so I'll have to admit to using a Pilot Precise Rolling Ball when I am not using a keyboard.
26. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
Blend in. But I also don't like to go out of my way to blend in, and I'm pretty eccentric, so I stand out a lot anyway.
28. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Yes, and if "wearing clothing sold as 'men's'" counts I have done so fairly often. However, if what counts is "wearing a men's suit or tux," I'm probably not going to do it until they start making them out of more comfortable fabrics.
29. What's one car you will never buy?
A Chevy Chevette. Remember those tinny things? They were like driving a supermarket cart.
30. Have you ever done drugs?
Yes. If you want to know more you'll have to ask directly.
31. What kind of books do you like to read?
Soft science non-fiction and soft science fiction, Western Zen, most anything read by my favorite audio book reader (David Case)
32. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Give money to my friends who don't have enough.
33. Burial or cremation?
Cremation and ashes scattered on the ocean please. I have always wanted to take that final journey by boat -- the one boat journey I won't actually have to worry about getting seasick on.
34. How many online journals do you read regularly?
47. Fortunately not all of them get updated every day.
35. What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
I'm a sore loser at most competitive games. I hate them. Don't ask me to play.
36. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
Avoiding them in person, putting them into my kill file on line, occasionally sniping at them on line.
38. Favorite kind of popcorn?
There are "kinds" of popcorn?
39. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
I do it in some situations and not others. I don't consider this to be a problem.
40. Do you cry in front of friends?
I very rarely cry in front of people who haven't known me for years and years.
41. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
I've heard stuff like "unthreatening," "warm," "grounded," and also "shy," "aloof," "uncomfortable." I don't hear about it, but I figure "very fat" is probably a common one, too.
42. What's one thing you like to do alone?
Watch TV. (I'm pulling one out of a hat -- I like to do just about everything alone, except for eating in sit-down restaurants.)
43. What's the worst thing you ever said to someone?
I can't think of any one thing that stands out as THE worst. Here's one. When I was about 11, I terribly upset a girlfriend by telling her that her haircut made her look like a boy. She burst into tears, and I was baffled and said, "But I didn't say it made you look BAD!" (I do have an inkling now why she was upset.)
44. What's the worst thing anyone ever said to you?
Probably some fat insult. Nothing stands out.
45. Are you a giver or a taker?
46. When's the right time to go to the bathroom in front of your significant other?
When I need to go and zie is in the bathroom but doesn't need to go.
47. Favorite communication method?
Touch, talking, email: yes. Phone, writing paper letters: no. Semaphore/morse code: no. Mind-reading: no.
48. What is one thing you don't leave home without?
My keys. It's been years since I've forgotten them. (Knock wood.)
49. How often do you call your mom?
Once or twice a week.
50. What's the most painful experience you've ever had?
Having my foster cat put to sleep a week ago.