- added two rows (6 sections) to my Apple Computer project t-shirts quilt top
- knitted about 50 rows / 3000 stitches on the Shawl Collar Cardigan-or-Vest-Depending-on-Whether-I-H
- While quilting, listened to several hours of Ursula K. Le Guin, Changing Planes, narrated by Gabrielle De Cuir. Le Guin is one of my all-time favorite authors, and this is a themed collection of short stories. Some of them are a bit dry, and some are stunningly beautiful and moving. De Cuir is a very good reader. I tend to be very fussy about female narrators, so that's good. She has apparently narrated a number of other science fiction / fantasy works.
- While knitting, watched three movies:
- Ofelas (Pathfinder), a wonderful folk tale in the Sami language. It's not available on DVD in the US, but we recently got a region-free DVD player so I was able to order a copy from overseas, so I was able to watch it for the first time in a while.
- Underworld: Evolution, aptly reviewed by my cousin-outlaw thus: "better effects [than the original Underworld], but a somewhat less cohesive plot. And more skin."
- Alien Vs. Predator, pretty much exactly what it sounds like, no more and no less.
And finally, epi_lj is to blame yet again for my having gotten sucked into a game, this one called Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects. So I've spent rather a lot of time searching the same rooms over and over for different sets of clues. Don't ask me why I find this fun. (Actually, I have gotten annoyed by it because the game decided I was an expert and shortened the amount of time it allows me to look for things, to the point where it's really hard. So I might quit playing it soon.)