kwamee and I went to Stitch'n'Pitch night at
Most of the innings I was there for were pretty uneventful, baseball-wise. There was a nice but unnecessary triple-play.
I did really enjoy watching the fog roll in with the twilight, and the starlings swooping around that I kept confusing with the baseball. Also it was fun to look along my row and see people knitting, and wearing beautiful knitted shawls.
Back when I used to go to baseball games, they didn't serve clam chowder soup in large sourdough rolls. And they brought around hot dogs and ice cream, but not Tully's coffee served out of a giant backpack.
We had taken Caltrain and wanted to be sure to get home at a reasonable hour, so we left around 9pm after the 7th inning stretch with the score Braves 4, Giants 0. At some point between that and our getting on the train at 9:45 pm, the Giants tied up the game and it went into extra innings. At 11:20 pm, I turned on the radio at home and the game was still going—it was the 13th inning. I listened for about 5 minutes, and then the Giants lost.
- An orange mesh tote back with the SF Giants Stitch'n'Pitch logo
- 14" long size "I" aluminum double-ended crochet hook
- 3 "I [heart] Craft:" buttons
- Size 7 metal knitting needles, 40 cm long. kwamee got size 1.
- Wood" 16" long size 19 knitting needles
- "Giants Fan" patch needlepoint kit with black silk thread and hand-dyed orange cotton thread
- 76" self-retracting tape measure with built-in level
- Pattern for a knit fringed poncho using ladder yarn. (kwamee got a poncho pattern with both knit and crochet instructions.)
- Discount coupon at a SF yarn store.
- Pattern for "Fun Fur Flip-Flops", which is a scary concept
- Card offering downloadable knitted baseball cap pattern
- 1/2 size Craft Magazine sampler
- Postcard with instructions for making crocheted hairpin lace, bead, and wire chandelier earrings
- Four-page flyer of Mosaic Knitting instructions
- List of future Giants special events. If you go to all of them, you can collect four caps, two bobblehead dolls, a Scouts patch, a T-shirt, a beer stein, and 2 free drinks.