1. What is your name?
2. What color pants are you wearing?
3. What are you listening to right now?
The wash machine
4. What are the last four digits of your phone number?
Never you mind.
5.What was the last thing you ate?
Orange juice and granola bar
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
When I was born, the color was called "Flesh," but the civil rights movement told Crayola that was racist and they changed it to "Peach" in 1962.
7. Where do you plan to go on your honeymoon?
I have already had a honeymoon. We went to Dancing Coyote Beach B&B in Inverness.
8. What is the weather right now?
9. Last person you talked to on the phone?
I guess my dad. Two days ago.
10. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
My subjective take on their age range.
I'm told by people who study these things that the first things almost everybody notices about any person is sex and age, and that they notice these things pretty subconsciously for the most part. I think this is true for me too. Given that we have already narrowed the field down to "opposite sex," that leaves age.
If the question is intending to get at "what do you find attractive in the classes of people you find sexually attractive?" what I notice first is body shape and (on men) facial hair.
11. Do you like the person that sent you this?
Nobody sent it to me but the person I snagged it from was leback, who I think is pretty nifty.
12. How are you today?
I'm a bit stressed. I have a lot of work to do and I don't know if I'll have the spoons to do it. (I am filling out this part of the questionnaire while I eat lunch.) Also there are papers scattered around my workspace that aren't properly filed. Very un-feng-shui of me.
13. Your favorite drink?
14. Your favorite alcoholic drink?
I like a lot of different kinds, but I almost never actually drink these days. What I drink most often is a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
15. How do you eat an Oreo?
The same way I eat any cookie.
16. What's the last CD you bought?
I've been buying most of my music online these days. The last CD's worth of music I purchased online was Taxidermy by Abney Park. The last physical CD I received (but did not purchase) was The Dogs of Art by Beat Smash Square, my friend Kele's Celtic music band. The last physical CD I purchased was Jake Shimabukuro, Hula Girls (a movie soundtrack. I haven't seen the movie yet).
17. Hair color?
Light brown and gray
18. Eye Color?
19. Do you wear contacts?
No and I have no plans ever to do so. It's hard enough putting drops in my eyes, never mind bits of plastic.
20. Siblings and their ages:
21. Favorite month?
October, my birthday month and also the month with the nicest fall colors and reliably cool-but-not-cold weather. Where I live now, in California, the month where the winter rains start in earnest. I love our sunny summers but I crave rain by the end of them.
22. Favorite foods?
23. Last movie you watched?
Three Little Words, with Fred Astaire and Red Skelton
24. Favorite day of the year?
Don't have one.
25. Do you like scary or happy movies better?
I like good movies.
26. Summer or Winter?
They both have their benefits and drawbacks. I do better when there is more direct sunshine (summer) but I like cold weather better than hot.
27. Hugs or Kisses?
That very much depends on who's offering. Both are very nice, though.
28. Relationship or one night stands?
29. Chocolate or vanilla?
30. Do you want your friends to write back?
Apparently "write back" means "fill out this survey." If they want to.
31. Who is most likely to respond?
The usual suspects who haven't already done it.
32. Who is least likely to respond?
The usual suspects who don't do surveys.
33. Living Arrangements?
I live with the OH and two cats.
34. What books are you reading?
Ursula K. Le Guin, Tales From Earthsea
35. What's on your mouse pad?
36. Favorite board game?
37. Favorite magazine?
38. Favorite Smells?
39. Least favorite smells?
The "many incompatible perfumes mixed together" smell of department store cosmetics departments.
40. Worst feeling in the world?
41. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Usually "Should I get up now or is it OK to sleep some more?"
42. Favorite colors?
Purple, fuchsia, black
43. How many rings before you answer the phone?
Depends where I am, whether I know who's calling, whether I want to talk to who might be calling, whether there are any crisis situations currently, the time of day, etc. etc. etc.
44. Do you think the glass is half empty or half full?
Once you optimists and pessimists are finished fooling around with the glass, someone is going to have to wash it, dry it, and put it away.
45. Favorite movies?
2001: A Space Odyssey
Der Himmel Über Berlin
46. What's under your bed?
Hopefully no more cat shit.
47. Favorite number?
48. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
She really gets it about privilege/oppression/disability.
49. What CD/tape do you have in your stereo?
None, I use my computer or iPod for audio stuff.
50. Favorite TV shows?
Babylon 5, Heroes (1st season), Firefly, The Prisoner (*snif*), Monty Python, the original Iron Chef when it was still being broadcast in Japanese with English subtitles, Pinky & the Brain, yada, yada, yada