the rules are..
a. People who have been tagged (or anyone else, really -- I wasn't tagged) write their answers on their blog and replace any question that they dislike with a new, original question. (I didn't replace any.)
b. Tag eight people. Or not. You know. (I didn't.)
1. Where did your LJ handle come from?
A shamanic journeying / pagan rebirthing ritual in which I had a journey about a black panther that lived in a lava tube on the big island of Hawaii. I first used the handle online in a brief foray into alt.callahans.
2. How do you style your hair?
I keep it very short because the OH likes rub the fuzzy part and because I like not having to work at styling it. So I scrub my hands through it when I get up in the morning or after I take a shower.
3. What was the last text message you sent and to whom did you send it?
"Anal retentive" Sent to myself, to remind myself to submit an OKCupid question "Does anal retentive require a hyphen?" (I'm not sure whether I will spell it with a hyphen.)
4. What are you currently reading?
Water Logic by Laurie J. Marks and Futureland by Walter Mosley
5. Do you need music to study/write/work?
Sometimes. Only instrumental music works for this purpose. Music with lyrics distracts me.
6. What is the last song on your play list?
The last piece of music played was "Allegro appassionato" by Enrique Granados. The last song according to iTunes's alphabetizing scheme is "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" by Human Sexual Response.
7. What is your biggest obsession?
It varies. Lately it was stupid Facebook apps. I'm losing interest in those and currently I don't have one, but I need to make it the work I have to do over the next few weeks.
8. Do you have a crush at the moment?
Yes, I almost always have crushes unless I am very depressed.
9. What is your favorite movie genre?
Anime I suppose.
10. What was the last thing you ate today?
11. Name three people (living or dead, real or fictional) who helped shape who you are today.
My parents, my friend Kele
12. What websites do you visit daily?
I have a folder of bookmarks called The Daily Lemming, and it contains: facebook, flickr, gmail, icanhazcheezburger, cuteoverload, interrupting gelastic jew, goodreads, library thing, ravelry, okcupid, language log, the sweet glam forum, LJ, sffaudio, tor.com, coverville, cool tools, white house blog, the big picture at boston.com. I don't always actually read what's on all of these web sites but I always open them and have a peek.
13. What's your favorite food?
We'll go with "cottage cheese" today.
14. Which languages do you wish you spoke?
Spanish, plus all the languages I've learned some of (I have some facility in learning the structures and vocabulary of a language but I have huge discomfort trying to speak any non-English language in public)
15. What is your favorite drink?
We'll go with "latte" today.
16. Do you have a birthmark?
Sort of, I have a mole on my belly in the same spot my father has one.
17. Who was your childhood idol?
Bagheera the Panther from The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. (Surprised? Thought not. :)
18. Where would you like your next holiday to be?
My next holiday will be in Albuquerque, which I am happy about.
19. What do you do to fall asleep?
Put on my CPAP, fuss with my pillow until it is just right, get all the way under my comforter, relax and let my mind drift.