(They aren't really that ODD but that's the title of the meme)
1. Do you like blue cheese? I like the actual cheese in small quantities. I don't like the dressing.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? In the mid-80s I smoked sort of in self-defense. That is, I had first a roommate and then a boyfriend who smoked, and if I smoked too, their smoking didn't smell so foul. When I broke up with the boyfriend and moved to a new flat, I took a pack of cigarettes, but I never felt like smoking again. I usually smoked less than 10 cigarettes a day and I guess that was below the threshold for nicotine addiction, for me.
3. Do you own a gun? I have considered owning one but I'm not very good at taking care of my things and I think that would be a bad combination with a gun. So, no.
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I don't remember having a favorite. I remember liking to eat the powder straight out of the package.
5. Do you get nervous before Dr. Appt's'? Usually. If I don't know the doctor I am a lot more nervous. But even doctors I know can suddenly come out with fat-phobic statements that upset me. (That's primarily what makes me nervous.)
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love 'em. Even after having seen how they were made on the TV show How It's Made.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't really "do" Christmas and that includes not watching movies specifically designated as Christmas movies. I do like some movies that happen to have Christmas as part of the theme. Love, Actually has its moments, for example, although there is a bunch of stuff in it that annoys me, too.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with lots of milk.
9. Can you do push ups? Not the traditional full body kind.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A silver round pendant with a Welsh dragon in it that I bought in Cardiff in 1975 or so.
11. Your favorite hobby? Hanging out on the 'Net
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Sometimes I have some of the symptoms but I think they come from something else.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I don't "hate" anything about myself, at least I try really hard not to. I could do without the trait of "thinking I want to write fiction but not actually writing any."
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I want some more coffee; should I make it (the OH doesn't like it when I make coffee, because the smell makes him a bit nauseated, but he is napping right now) or buy it at the corner cafe? I'm anxious that I won't get my packing done. I need to sort the pile of papers next to my computer.
16. Current hate right now? None
17. Favorite place to be? Near a body of water
18. How did you bring in the new year? The OH went to bed early and then woke up just before midnight and we turned on the TV and watched a recording of the ball having dropped in New York City.
19. Where would you like to go? UK
20. Name three people who will complete this? The usual suspects
21. Do you own slippers? Yes, they are Crocs with fleece inside.
22. What shirt are you wearing? Long green t-shirt with cat faces around the bottom border
23. Do you like sleeping on satin? Never tried it.
24. Can you whistle? Yes
25. Would you be a pirate? No, I will have to serve the Flying Spaghetti Monster in some other way.
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Ones I made up.
27. Favorite girl's name? ::shrug::
28. Favorite boy's name? ::shrug::
29. What's in your pocket right now? I'm not wearing any pocketses.
30. Last thing that made you laugh? Don't remember.
31. Best bed sheets as a child? I only ever had white percale bed sheets.
32. Worst injury you've ever had? Sprained ankle, which was the worst because I failed to properly care for it and I kept up my routine of walking for hours around Montreal, so it took months and months to heal and there's a lot of scar tissue there now, according to the Feldenkrais practitioner I saw once.
33. Do you love where you live? I love the SF Bay Area. There are things I really like about my house. I'm not in love with the town I live in. It's too suburban.
34. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two, although we haven't used the one upstairs in years.
35. Who is your newest friend? On LJ it's mrissa.
36. How many dogs do you have? None. I love dogs but the OH doesn't like them. I play with my parents' dog a fair bit. I have worked with dogs at Peninsula Humane Society. I want to start doing that again.
37. Does someone have a crush on you? I just got an anonymous valentine that suggests someone might.
38. What is your favorite book? I don't really have a favorite book. I usually answer this question Lord of the Rings.
39. What is your favorite candy? Trader Joe's chocolate malted milk balls.
40. Favorite Sports Team? Detroit Tigers. [sigh]
41. What song do you want played at your funeral? I will be dead so I don't really care. Whatever it would comfort my friends to hear.