42 questions, with answers
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you like your steak?
I don't often eat steak but when I do I like it medium rare.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
It's still Babylon 5 after all these years.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Here is pretty nice. I would probably slightly prefer to live over the hill in Half Moon Bay or Pacifica. I have a deep fondness for Hawaii but it's probably too hot for me to actually live there.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Since I got up at 11 am, I didn't have breakfast per se. I had coffee with milk, and then the OH cooked farmer cheese pierogis with ground beef and veggies.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Most of them.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Brussels sprouts, seafood with skeletal material attached
9. Favorite place to eat?
My favorite place changed owners and is no longer open for dinner, and I haven't picked a new favorite yet.
10. Favorite dressing?
Creamy garlic, but if they don't have that I usually get ranch.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Cotton knit pants and shirts
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Traveling is hard for me right now but if I had the time, energy, and so forth I would visit (in no particular order) Japan, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, the Galapagos, Thailand, Alaska. And I would visit again England, Scotland, Wales, Portland OR, Seattle WA, NYC, Boston, New Mexico, Colorado, Los Angeles.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
1/2 full, which doesn't mean I'm an optimist, it's just how I describe liquid in a cup.
15. Where would you want to retire?
What is this "retire" of which you speak?
I will probably stay more or less where I am.
16. Favorite time of day?
Sunrise, because I am hardly ever awake to see it.
17. Where were you born?
Somewhere on the East Coast
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Baseball, football, or whatever obscure sport happens to be on.
[questions 19 and 20 were about tagging people to also answer this, and are elided.]
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
Anyone on my reading/friends lists
22. Bird watcher?
(Answer stolen from brooksmoses.) I don't seek them out particularly, but I do tend to watch them when they present the opportunity.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
24. Do you have any pets?
25. Anything new or exciting you would like to share?
I'm going on a little vacation this week.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A physical anthropologist. I loved my books about the evolution of man (they called us "man" back then).
27. What is your best childhood memory?
I have fond memories of watching the stars with my grandmother at her summer cabin on the lake.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Both, but I only have cats in my home because the OH doesn't like dogs.
29. Are you married?
Yes but we didn't tell the government.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Unless I'm only going a few feet.
31. Been in a car accident?
A couple. Only one of them involved another car, and none involved injuries to people.
32. Any pet peeves?
Fewer than I used to. Today I am exercising my pet peeve about the frequent misspelling of Gandhi.
33. Favorite pizza toppings?
On the one hand, I think that the only allowable pizza toppings are pepperoni and mushrooms. But I can't eat pepperoni any more. The OH and I get a pizza with linguica, mushrooms, olives, and pineapple that I like. bastette_joyce and I get a pizza with just olives that I have come to be very fond of.
34. Favorite flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
I don't have strong ice cream preferences. If I'm left to my own devices I usually pick coffee flavored.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Pollo Loco, at the moment. They have good mac & cheese.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
I passed the test on my first try, on my 16th birthday. (We lived in Detroit, what can I say.)
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Wiscon dev list
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I don't plan my days to the minute so I do a few small spontaeous things most days, but nothing major.
41. Like your job?
I like the freedom to set my own hours and workplace, and usually the work is somewhat interesting, and it pays well enough. I don't like that I don't feel like I'm making an important difference in the world through my paying job. But I try to make a difference in other ways.
42. Like broccoli?
I like the flavor, and I like the texture of the stems, but I don't much like the texture of the heads.