Sunday Stealing: The Madness Meme, Part 1
1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
No, I've never even heard of doing that.
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
20 years older, 13 years younger
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Yes. Fortunately none in which anyone was injured.
4. Were you popular in high school?
No, I was one of the aloof, weird, artsy kids.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
Yes, lots of them. For finding someone to be seriously involved with, the signal to noise ratio is not great. For learning about how quirky people can be, it can be interesting.
6. Are looks important?
For many things, yes -- more so than they should be. For me to be attracted to someone, yes. But what I find attractive differs a lot from my society's notion of what's attractive.
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
Yes, quite a few. Yay!
8. By what age would you like to be married?
I guess this Q&A was written by a young person.
When I turned 30, suddenly a voice in my head said "You were supposed to be married by now." Prior to that, I hadn't had any desires about getting married at a particular age. I ignored the voice. I got married when I was 37, which was a fine age to get married.
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them?
(I'm assuming "slept with" means "had sex with.") If I don't know them well, it affects my sense of what kind of person they might be. It doesn't affect whether I like them. It doesn't affect my approval or disapproval of them. It might affect how I would go about dating them if I were interested in them that way. But mostly, the effects are less tied to the actual number than to how they go about picking people to sleep with, how many people they tend to sleep with in a given time period, and how they treat people they sleep with.
10. Have you ever made a mistake?
11. Are you a good tipper?
Yes, it's one of those little ways I can redistribute the wealth, since my government won't do it.
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut?
Around $60? I usually go to barbers, who tend to charge less than salons.
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Yes, I used to get teacher crushes very easily. I had a huge crush on one of my 7th-8th grade teachers, Mr Ellsworth. I've had crushes on other teachers too.
14. Have you ever peed in public?
"In public" suggests an audience: No. "Outside, where no one seemed to be around but theoretically someone might see me": Yes.
15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Funerals are for the ones still living, so I don't care. However, if you're planning my funeral, I'd be happy to offer suggestions on songs that meant something to me. For example, you could play "Attics of My Life" by the Grateful Dead.
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
It took about 15 years but I finally got around to telling my parents I am queer. Their response? Basically: "Duh."
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
If I could have anything? An artisan cheese plate, and some Cap'n Crunch cereal. Do they even make Cap'n Crunch any more?
18. Beatles or Stones?
Depends. I think the Beatles' music is better overall, but the Stones' music is much better for particular moods.
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
Ew. I guess I would pick someone I thought was suffering a whole lot from something incurable.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
Wine more often than the other two, these days. I like the taste of beer and wine about equally but beer gives me worse hot flashes.
21. Do you have any phobias?
I feel anxious in a lot of situations but I'm not sure any of them graduate to actual phobias.
22. What are your plans for the future?
To make some plans for the future.
This entry was originally posted at http://firecat.dreamwidth.org/749643.html, where there are comments.