It's fun, and not terribly sexist, and I especially enjoy the moments where it takes tropes and subverts them, and I like the character of Coulson a lot.
But I'm a bit sad that it's so predictable that after only 3 episodes it's possible to create a drinking game out of it.
Feel free to add to it.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Drinking Game
Version 1.0 after 3 episodes
Take a drink every time:
- Fitz and Simmons are being comic relief
- Fitz and Simmons are using technobabble
- Bonus drink: someone tells them to use English
- May whines about being in combat
- Ward has a problem with authority
- Ward argues with Coulson about Skye
- Skye and Ward are frenemies
- It's telegraphed that Skye and Ward have sexual tension2
- We wonder about Skye's true loyalties
- Bonus drink: Skye's political beliefs shift mid-sentence2
- Too much cleavage, or boob references
- Ward beats someone up
- Coulson beats someone up
- Someone makes a reference to Coulson having died
- The bad guy or the bad guy's henchmen are people of colour.2
- If the phrase "It's a magical place" is said in reference to Tahiti.1
- When Lola flies, because that doesn't happen nearly enough.2
1. via autographedcat
2. via sabotabby
This entry was originally posted at http://firecat.dreamwidth.org/826389.html, where there are comments. I prefer that you comment on Dreamwidth, but it's also OK to comment here.